Sunday, January 8, 2012

Update Way Overdue

Friends, Family, Brewers,

Our blog has fallen to the way side.  I will be working over the next couple of weeks to revive it.  The last post was the Scottish Ale Brewday.  That Scott is getting better with time and I think in another 4 weeks it will be stellar. I will be sending it out to my brewthers and brewisters hopefully this week...I'm excited to share.

I am about to go on a brewing rampage.  It's lager season!  Last weekend I brewed an IPA and this upcoming weekend I am starting a lager series.  I am going to start with a German style Pilsener, then proceed to a Helles/Dortmund style brew.  After that I am not sure what I will brew but my 4th lager will be my favorite style of beer, Oktoberfest.  I'm hoping to have a whole bunch of brew lagering away in a couple of short months.

Somewhere in between all of this lager activity, I am going to rebrew my very first all-grain Arkansas batch, the Pig Trail Ale (Hoppy Brown Ale).  The water in this area is best for darker beers and since I love malt and hops, I think this is going to be my standard brew that I am going to perfect.  I was not thrilled with my first batch of this and know this next batch will be a huge improvement!

Anyways, my next post will have some picks of the IPA brewday and a tasting of the Scottish.

Until then, have a brew for me and a wine for Ash (or a drink of your choice if you abstain from alcohol)!

3 comments:

  1. YAY I was wondering if you had given up on the blogging... Glad to see a few words and looking forward to future updates. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see you starting to bust out some brews! You're going to kick lagering butt. I'll have a brew for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Sothern Loving! We can't wait to read about your up and coming brew experiences.

    ReplyDelete